(February 10th, 2024)
(June 23th, 2023)
(March 1st, 2024)
(August 1st, 2023)
Prevent additional penalties and interest by setting up required payments on delinquent taxes. These plans are available for Real Estate Taxes and Manufactured Home Taxes.
Paid monthly beginning in July for taxes due the following year. These plans are available for Real Estate taxes. You may choose one of two methods:
(a) Coupons will be issued in July of each year. July through November payments will be credited to the 1st half taxes. December, January, and March through May coupons will be credited to the 2nd half taxes. Regular bills will be sent for the balance due for the February and June taxes.
(b) Automatic withholding may be used for prepayment of taxes. The monthly payments will automatically be taken from your bank account using the schedule in option (a).
Please contact the Treasurer’s office for additional information regarding these plans.
- You may use your phone to pay your taxes with your credit card.
Please have your current bill(s) with you.
- Call (855)825-0556 from your home phone.
- Enter your parcel number from your current bill:
- 12 digits for the Real Estate bill
- 5 or 6 digits for your Manufactured Home bill
- If you have more than one bill to pay, combine all bills into one total and enter only one parcel number.
- Enter your phone number.
- Enter the payment information.
- Enter your credit card number.
- You will be informed of the fee for the transaction before you are asked to complete it. The fee of 2.5% of the total bill is collected by Point & Pay, LLC. The Treasurer’s Office will only receive the tax amount.
- Wait for verification of the transaction.
- You will receive a payment I.D. number at the end of the transaction. Please keep this number for future reference.
- The Treasurer should receive the payment notification within three business days. You may call to verify.
- You can now pay your taxes online: Click Here
- The fee for this service is approximately 2.5% of the amount paid.
- To pay your real estate or manufactured home tax bill online, you can use your credit card (MC, VISA, AE, or Discover) or an electronic check (E-check).
- The fee for using an E-check is $2.00 per check. You will be asked to provide the routing number and account number of your checking or savings account.
Mail your check along with all bill stubs (right side of bill) to the following address:
Crawford County Treasurer
112 East Mansfield Street
Bucyrus, Ohio 44820
You may place your check and bills in a marked envelope and put itin the drop box at the entrance to the Crawford County Administration Building (Courthouse) in Bucyrus.
Office hours in the Courthouse in Bucyrus are Monday through Friday 8:30 – 4:30. In-office payments may be by check, cash, or Credit Card. Please bring your tax statement with you
(County acting as collection agent of local tax revenues)
Real Property tax is one of the oldest taxes in the State of Ohio and is also one of the most stable tax bases, the taxable value of land and buildings. Tax rates vary between tax districts depending on all levies approved either by legislative authority or the voters. Ohio law limits local government authority to assess property taxes by creating the 10-mill limitation.
Similar to the above Real Estate property taxes, Manufactured Home Taxes were instituted in 1925 with the development of Manufactured Homes. The tax base is 40% of the depreciated value of the home and the rate is the total of all taxes levied in the district. New law passed by the Ohio General Assembly in December of 1998 significantly changes Manufactured Home taxation by assessing the value of the home similar to Real Estate, at market values.
A 5% penalty is charged if tax is paid WITHIN ten days of the due date.
A 10% penalty is charged if tax is paid MORE than ten days after the due date.
In addition to foreclosure action, real estate properties with delinquent taxes may be subject to a TAX LIEN SALE.